You have been called to be a light for Jesus!
Finding a way to reach others can be as simple as answering some important questions. What burdens do you have? What bothers you about our world? What does the Holy Spirit say to you about helping others?
As you think on these things, the challenge is to do something based on the need you see. Do something to be a light. Do something to help someone. Do something that shows you care, something that shares the gospel.
You can reach the people in your world – your workplace, your neighborhood, and your community. We have looked for tried and true methods of touching lives for Jesus, and we have some ideas for you to prayerfully consider.
- Take food to a neighbor who just had a baby, or someone who has been in the hospital.
- Invite a co-worker to an outing in a local park.
- Invite your neighbors to a cookout.
- Rake the leaves of someone nearby.
- Shovel snow in your neighborhood.
- Offer to pray with someone at the grocery store.
- Offer to get a group of friends to help clean a local park in the spring.
- Invite someone to your Thanksgiving dinner, someone who doesn’t have family nearby.
- Give little Christmas gifts to your neighbors.
Every idea starts and ends with prayer, and as you can see it’s all about building relationships with people, doing acts of kindness, and allowing the Holy Spirit to open the door for you to speak a word in due season. You don’t have to hit them over the head with a Bible. Just be there for them, pray for them often, and let God plant a seed of faith through you. You can do it!
Here are links to other soul-winning ideas.
We would love to hear about things you have done to win someone to Christ. Please submit your idea to the right, and who knows … maybe it will wind up on our My World list!